Best Infant Car Seat Covers In 2019: Buying Guide and Review
In this article, we review ten of the best infant car seat covers as well as answer some of the questions you may have before buying one.
Every parent wants to shield their precious bundle of joy from the elements and environmental factors without inhibiting then from experiencing life outside the safety of their home. There is only so much you can do sometimes, and mostly that will be enough. If you are regularly taking them out to enjoy the sun or to run errands with you, then one of the most important purchases you can make is an infant car seat cover.
What does it do? It limits the interaction that your baby has with their surroundings. Whether they are asleep or happily awake, they will be safe from the elements and unwanted stares under their little cover. Read on!
Table of Contents
- Portable Infant Car Seat Covers: Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. Cozy Cover Infant Car Seat Cover
- 2. JJ Cole Car Seat Cover
- 3. 7 A.M. Enfant Car Seat Cocoon
- 4. Skip Hop Stroll & Go Infant and Toddler Car Seat Cover
- 5. Disney Collection Original Milk Snob Infant Car Seat Cover
- 6. Parker Baby 4 in 1 Car Seat
- 7. Sho Cute – [Reversible] Carseat Canopy
- 8. Sashas See-Me-See-You Series Cover
- 9. Cozy Cover Premium Infant Car Seat Cover
- 10. J is for Jeep Infant Car Seat Cover
- Portable Infant Car Seat Covers: Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Portable Infant Car Seat Covers: Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. Cozy Cover Infant Car Seat Cover
If you are looking for a cover that will handle your little one from when they are only newborns to the time they hit one year, then this little cozy bundle is the best to buy. It comes in four colors for variety and is fully covered – with a large peephole – to keep the little one safe and warm. This cover is ideal for colder regions where your bundle of joy needs to stay covered and protected.
Two large zippers on the side make it so much easier to place your little one inside the cover. Because it is fully padded, they will be comfortable even during bumpy rides. The little peephole at the top ensures the little one is entertained as much as they want and it is mesh that you can zip up when they are asleep. There are no other openings on the side, and so the baby will be warm and cozy the entire time. It is fully enclosed to keep the little one snugly inside.
- Warm and cozy because each part is enclosed.
- Comes in various colors for variety.
- Reasonably priced.
- You cannot unfold it to use as cover when feeding the baby.
2. JJ Cole Car Seat Cover
Winters are harsher on babies than they are on adults, and so one of the best ways to keep them warm is with this snug seat cover. Fitted with a soft plush interior, this seat cover is made for snuggles that will make your little one fall asleep instantly. It is made of both nylon and soft fleece, and so you can imagine just how soft it is on delicate skin.
The top is completely removable for when you think the baby doesn’t need it. The cover’s universal elastic design ensures that the little one can be placed inside without much of a fuss and they can be accessed just as easily. You decide the size of the peephole when you replace the removable top. This cover is made to fit all standard sized strollers and it is easy to install. This cover offers is ideal for colder regions.
- The top is removable.
- It is soft and cuddly for the baby’s comfort.
- The top cover is elastic and can be used to cover oneself when breastfeeding.
- Does not have a mesh opening as the cover is removable.
3. 7 A.M. Enfant Car Seat Cocoon
If you want a seat cover that is designed to handle temperatures as low as -4°F/20°C, then the 7 A.M. Enfant Car Seat Cocoon is the ideal purchase. This cover is available in 10 colors and has an elastic base for easy use. The neck is large enough to hold a baby without them feeling too restricted, while the central zipper gives you easy access to your little one.
This cover is waterproof for when the heavens open unexpectedly. Its micro-fleece lining makes it super warm so that the baby will need no jacket even when it is quite cold outside. For maintenance, it is machine washable. The maker says it is ideal for babies below one year, but it is a little too big for infants. We find it ideal for babies over five months.
- Waterproof exterior and micro-fleece lining.
- Can handle temperatures as low as -4°F/20°C.
- It is machine washable.
- It is available in several colors.
- Though the maker says it is ideal for infants, it is a little too big.
4. Skip Hop Stroll & Go Infant and Toddler Car Seat Cover
This cover from Skip Hop has a collar that closes snugly around the baby to keep them warm and safe. The zipper on the side covers the front part of this seat cover that you can remove completely or leave partially open. Because this cover does not collapse, it will not be a choking hazard to your baby. There is enough of an opening for the little one to breathe and even try to peep outside.
Made of polyester on the outside and a cushy material inside, the cover is friendly to baby’s delicate skin. It is so warm that you will not need to dress your child warmly when they are inside this cover. You can use this product for infants and even one-year-old kids.
- The interior part of this cover is super warm and cozy.
- A little collar ensures the baby is snug and warm.
- It is non-collapsible and safe for kids as little as one-month-old.
- The outer material is not water-resistant.
5. Disney Collection Original Milk Snob Infant Car Seat Cover
If 360° coverage is what you are looking for, then you will have it in this Winnie-the-Pooh patterned seat cover. It works quite hard too as it can be used as an infant car seat cover, snuggle blanket, breastfeeding cover, a shopping cart cover, and even a high chair cover. It is available in beautiful patterns and several colors, and you won’t have to break the bank to get it. The material is quite stretchy too, which is how it multitasks.
This cover is quite light, and so it is ideal for moderately warm regions. It keeps dust, bright sunlight, and onlookers away as the baby will be fully covered. The material is breathable, but you are still safer only using it when outdoors. It is also safe for the baby’s delicate skin. This cover can be used for as long as the baby uses their stroller.
- The material is breathable and delicate for babies.
- It stretches so much that you can use of four-ways.
- It gives the baby a 360° coverage.
- Not ideal for winter as it is light.
6. Parker Baby 4 in 1 Car Seat
This cute cover can be used as a car seat canopy, nursing cover, high chair cover, and grocery cart cover. It gives the baby a 360-degree coverage and will protect them from all the elements except rain as it is not waterproof. It has a wide elastic that fits any car seat or carrier, and because it is super stretchy, it will serve you for as long as your baby needs to be carried in a carrier. The material is breathable, softy, and delicate for the baby.
This cover has got to one of the most aesthetically pleasing on the market, and the many colors give you several options. It fits snugly at the top of the seat leaving some space for air and light. Because the canopy covers every part of the seat, the little one will be safe from bright light, dust, and stares from strangers.
- Beautiful and available in various colors.
- The material is breathable, delicate, and easy to wash.
- 360-degree coverage.
- It is multi-purpose.
- Not water-resistant.
7. Sho Cute – [Reversible] Carseat Canopy
This cute 100% cotton canopy cover a designed to protect your baby from elements so that you can focus on other things. Offering a 360-degree coverage, this cover also acts as a cover when feeding the little one. The pattern is cute and attractive for both boys and girls, while the little peephole at the top brings in light and air.
Both sides of the cover can be used as the top, making it reversible. The material is machine and hand washable, and it is also breathable. Because it is light, it is ideal for summer. This cover is easily removed and put back on a car seat, and it fits any standard-size seat on the market. It has built-in toy loops for playthings to keep the little one occupied.
- It is light and comfortable.
- You can remove the cover fully to use as a feeding cover.
- It is reversible to make it seem as though you have two different covers.
- Not ideal for winter.
8. Sashas See-Me-See-You Series Cover
Sasha Kiddie Products released a well-thought-out product that is currently a favorite of many parents. Made with a woven screen material that offers visibility, this cover makes a child feel safe as they can see what is happening around them. It also offers protection from the harmful UVA/UVB rays thanks to the top layer that is protected. Because it is fully enclosed, your child will enjoy 360-degree coverage from direct sunlight, wind, dust, and even drizzles.
The cover is held to the seat by an elastic band that also makes it removable for easy placement of the baby. You will also find it easy to install on all standard car seats. It will not double up as a cover for breastfeeding because it is not all that stretchy. It is ideal for infants and kids up to one year old.
- Easy to install on any standard car seat.
- Protects the baby from UV rays.
- Offers 360-degree coverage from the elements.
- Not very stretchy, and so it is not multi-functional.
9. Cozy Cover Premium Infant Car Seat Cover
Available in four colors, this seat cover from Cozy Cover is meant to keep the little one safe and warm. It has a front zipper that makes it easy to place the baby in and out of the cover, and the top is left open for air and light. It fits all standard-size carriers and is easy to install. Because the interior is warm, you will not need to layer the little one up. The exterior is water-resistant, and so this cover will protect your baby from all external elements. There are no other openings apart from the peephole, and so little one remains snuggled inside their cocoon.
The seat cover does not interfere with any of the straps in the car seat, and so you can use it while in the car. It is also reasonably priced and will last all through the first year of your child’s life. Though it is a little large for an infant, it is safe as it does not collapse.
- Warm and snugly.
- Has a peephole.
- Material is waterproof.
- The zipper does not open all the way.
10. J is for Jeep Infant Car Seat Cover
If you feel cocoons are a little too covered for your comfort, then you will like this seat cover from Jeep. Its crystal clear outer cover gives your little one all the views they need while protecting them from the elements. It is waterproof, and so showers have nothing on you. Being a universal cover, it fits almost every brand of carrier. It has air holes on each side for ventilation and will not interfere with the straps on your car seat.
It is easy to clean as all you need to do is wipe it with a damp cloth. You want to limit the time you use this cover as the material is not the most breathable.
- Easy to clean.
- Clear cover for lots of light.
- The material is not very breathable even with the air holes.
Portable Infant Car Seat Covers: Buying Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
We hope you find this review and buying guide comprehensive and helpful in making the choices for your baby’s seat cover. We will keep updating this article as and when new information that would impact on these products is available because we aim to ensure you have the right tools.
As we mentioned, seat covers are ideal as they protect babies from by-standers, the elements, and environmental factors. They can also be used as covers when feeding your little one or in changing rooms. They are versatile and will last as long as you want because all they require is great care.