Best Oven Mitts – Review & Buying Guide
Pans and pots are made from materials such as aluminum and stainless steel. While these materials make cookware heat and cook faster, they do have an ugly side. The fact that they conduct heat means they are always hot every time they are from the stovetop, microwave oven or oven. They can, therefore, burn so bad if not handled properly. Well, one of the ways to avoid being burned is to make sure you are wearing oven mitts every time you are removing a hot pot from the oven. These mitts are heat-resistant; hence, they will keep you safe. In the following reviews, we introduce you to some of the best brands the market has to offer.
Table of Contents
- Best Oven Mitts – Reviews & Buying Guide
- 10. RED LMLDETA Blue Oven Mitts – Set of 2
- 9. Rifny Silicone Oven Mitts Kitchen Oven Gloves
- 8. Cuisinart 2pk Silicone Oven Mitts – Pastel Turquoise
- 7. RED LMLDETA 550 Degree Oven Hot Mitts – 1 Pair
- 6. Frux Home and Yard Black Silicone Oven Mitts – 1 Pair
- 5. Big Red House 480 F Oven Mitts – Pair
- 4. Cuisinart 2pk Silicone Oven Mitts – Grey
- 3. Fred & Friends 5130360 Oven Mitts Bear, Hands
- 2. DII 2 Piece 100% Cotton, Terry Oven Mitt Set
- 1. Homwe Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt – 1 Pair
- Buying Guide – Best Oven Mitts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Oven Mitts – Reviews & Buying Guide
10. RED LMLDETA Blue Oven Mitts – Set of 2
Measuring 7.5 by 12 inches, it is safe to say that these oven mitts are well-sized. They have a longer length, and this makes them super versatile. That being said, you will find these oven mitts perfect not just for microwave oven but also barbecue, soup cooking, and cooking. They provide you and your family with better protection. Furthermore, these oven mitts are cold-proof and waterproof not to mention having all the tools in their locker to keep you away from steam scald. By so doing, the oven mitts make cooking time much easier and safer. The heat-resistant rating of these oven mitts is 500 degrees Fahrenheit and the cold-proof rating is down to -50 degrees Fahrenheit. These are good specifications that make these oven mitts among the best in their class. The non-slip grip allows you to hold all cooking tools comfortably and with confidence knowing that they will not slip from your hands. Since these oven mitts are made by a top-notch manufacturer, expect them to be quality. And should they fail to meet your expectations, there is a 100-percent refund. The oven mitts are machine washable, and, therefore, easy to care for.
- The high heat-resistance is amazing
- Extremely easy to wash
- Oven mitts are covered by a protective plastic coating
- The textured non-slip grip is a nice addition
- Colors are not as pictured, but this might be due to lighting
9. Rifny Silicone Oven Mitts Kitchen Oven Gloves
We do not think you will ever go wrong with a pair of oven mitts made of silicone. As their name suggests, The Rifny Silicone Oven Mitts are made of silicone, and that’s why we have included them here. Another thing that impresses us is that they have a unique texture pattern, which offers the best grip as well as improving control and stability. All that being said, expect to hold cooking tools with peace of mind and absolute confidence. These kitchen oven gloves are also softer and more flexible than most oven mitts on the market. The flexibility further makes it easier to hold things. So, whether you want to hold or move hot plates, pans, dishware, and utensils, among others, these are the gloves to wear. The outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer combine to protect your hands from heat. In a nutshell, these oven mitts protect against heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Besides, they are waterproof, and, therefore, will not let hot liquids soak and scald your skin. Each of these oven mitts measures 13 by 7.5 inches; meaning the mitts have a suitable length that perfectly fits all hands.
- Bending your fingers while wearing these oven mitts is easy
- The material used is protective and nice
- The texture allows for a good grip
- Can be used to wash dishes
- May not perfectly fit those with small hands
8. Cuisinart 2pk Silicone Oven Mitts – Pastel Turquoise
Before we start reviewing these oven gloves, we must say how good Cuisinart is. This is a manufacturing company that has been around for several years. It is known for producing top-quality kitchenware as well as providing exceptional customer service. Today, we look at one of its products; the silicone oven mitts. They come in a set of two to make sure both of your hands are well protected every time you want to take out cooked food from the oven or microwave. What’s more, each glove measures 13.5 by 6 inches. They are of a decent length; hence, they do not just protect the fingers but also keep the heat away from the forearms, wrists, and hands. They are heat-resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The silicone rubber material used to make these kitchen gloves is food-grade safe and BPA-free. It is also FDA-approved to give you peace of mind that you are dealing with something of high-quality. Ideally, these gloves for kitchen are designed in such a way that they can be worn either on the right or left. That being said, they are perfect for when you are in a hurry.
- Very pretty and provide ultimate protection
- Easy to slip on and off
- Available in numerous color options to match your kitchen décor
- They are worth the price
- Not the best to wear when handling hot liquids
7. RED LMLDETA 550 Degree Oven Hot Mitts – 1 Pair
We think that very few kitchen gloves can match the RED LMLDETA 550 Degree Oven Hot Mitts when it comes to length. They measure 7.5 by 15 inches, and this simply shows how long they are. Their long length makes them versatile by enabling them to provide unmatched protection from the heat. That being said, these oven hot mitts are ideal for barbecue, soup cooking, cooking, and, of course, microwave oven. It is not just the heat these oven hot mitts are designed to protect against but also they are waterproof, and, therefore, will keep you safe from hot liquids. They are cold-proof to make sure you are well protected when operating the refrigerator. These oven hot mitts protect against heat up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit and against the cold down to -50 degrees Fahrenheit. They protect the hands and wrists; making them a perfect purchase for anyone who cooks a lot. The outer part of these mitts is made of high-quality and eco-friendly silicone material, whereas the lining is made of heavy recycled cotton filling to keep your hands comfortable.
- Oven mitts cover the forearms well
- They are very comfortable and flexible
- The silicone grip is nice
- Well made and very sturdy
- The oven mitts look pretty
- A bit heavy when worn, but this is due to the large size
6. Frux Home and Yard Black Silicone Oven Mitts – 1 Pair
The fear of getting burned can prevent you from realizing your cooking potential. But you do not need to fear anymore because the Frux Home and Yard Oven Mitts are now within easy reach. They are heat-resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius) not to mention being long enough to protect the forearms and hands from burns. Having said that, expect these oven mitts to be an indispensable tool every time you are grilling or using the oven racks. They come in a set of 2 to make sure both hands and forearms are fully protected. What’s more, these oven mitts are made of 100-percent BPA-free FDA-approved waterproof silicone material with a comfortable and soft inner liner of 50-percent polyester and 50-percent cotton. Cleaning these kitchen gloves is a breeze, as all you need are soap and warm water. A hot pot should never bother you again because these oven mitts are designed to help you handle just that. They are comfortable to wear and have all the features that make a pair of oven mitts the best.
- Eliminate fear about taking the hottest items out of the oven
- Sturdier and longer than the average oven mitts
- Heat does not pass through the mitts
- Well made and come well packaged
- Too large to perfectly protect small hands
5. Big Red House 480 F Oven Mitts – Pair
The heat-resistant rating of these oven mitts is 480 degrees Fahrenheit. Well, it is obvious that it is not the highest heat-resistant rating. However, this should not fool you. Like other oven mitts we have reviewed so far, the Big Red House 480 F Oven Mitts do a great job of keeping your hands and forearms safe whenever you are handling hot items. Therefore, whether you want to remove a pan from the oven, tend to a hot grill or pick up a steaming pot from the stove, these oven mitts should be a frontier for you. They are high-quality heat-resistant oven mitts that work well to get rid of fear every time you are handling a hot item. Moreover, these oven mitts have special silicone striping, which offers a gripping material, thereby, giving you the confidence to hold bowls of hot food knowing that they will not slip or drop. The length of each kitchen gloves is 12.5 inches, which is just fine. It makes these kitchen gloves work great both as potholders and oven mitts. The 100-percent satisfaction guarantee ensures hassle-free purchase and use.
- The soft terry lining is super comfortable
- The kitchen mitts are flexible; hence, they will not strain your hands
- The length is perfect
- The hanging loop is sewn to the middle to make the mitts hang vertically
- The mitts tend to smell after you have held hot items with them
4. Cuisinart 2pk Silicone Oven Mitts – Grey
It is imperative that you settle on oven mitts that do not just protect the hands but also keep the forearms safe from the heat. The Cuisinart 2pk Silicone Oven Mitts have a decent length, and, therefore, they are the best bet for anyone looking for oven mitts that provide total protection. Their importance is further enhanced by the fact that they protect from heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. That being said, if you want to handle hot kitchenware items out of the microwave or oven, these oven mitts are for you. They are great for removing a bowl of soup from the microwave, cast iron skillet or baked pizza from the oven or a pot/pan from the stovetop. The silicone material used to make these oven mitts is flexible to help prevent your hands from getting strained. In addition, the silicone is FDA-approved and BPA-free to prove to you that it is safe and of premium quality. To care for these mitts, simply hand wash and then lay them flat to dry. And when the mitts are not in use, just hang them; thanks to the convenient hanging loop on each kitchen glove.
- The mitts feel very well made
- They provide great protection
- Perfect for anyone who likes to cook and bake
- The hook allows the oven mitts to hang flat
- Not the best for those with bigger hands
3. Fred & Friends 5130360 Oven Mitts Bear, Hands
The best performing oven mitts are what you need to beat the heat. And the Fred & Friends 5130360 Oven Mitts Bear, Hands fit the bill perfectly. They are grizzly-sized oven mitts that bring fun and functionality to any kitchen. For this reason, the oven mitts are a wonderful purchase both for everyday cooks and occasional cooks. They are ideal for grilling, cooking, and baking. The materials used to make them are quality materials that further enhance their performance. These materials are insulated cotton and heat-resistant silicone used to make the “paw” pads. The size of these oven mitts is regular, and, therefore, fits many different hand sizes. Having said that, expect these mitts to fit comfortably and in a practical way. Since they are comfortable, you will be able to wear and use them for a long time. The oven mitts come in a set of 2 to provide total protection. Given how unique they are, these oven mitts make a funny yet great gift for friends, family, bakers, chefs, etc. So, if you are thinking of a gift to give out for birthdays or Father’s Day, look no further.
- The design is cute and well thought out
- The oven mitts make a wonderful gift
- Provide excellent protection from heat
- The size fits both small and big hands nicely
- A bit stiff, but this does not make them difficult to use
2. DII 2 Piece 100% Cotton, Terry Oven Mitt Set
The 5,000+ customer reviews and the incredibly high rating prove that this oven mitt set is a quality product you should consider if you are looking for oven mitts. The oven mitts in this set are made of 100-percent cotton so they can provide you with ultimate flexibility and comfort. They are also quilted and padded to make them durable and capable of resisting heat. These oven mitts are great for cooking on the stovetop, removing hot pots and pans from the oven or taking out a baking dish from the microwave oven. Also, they come in a set of 3 and each mitt measures 7 by 13 inches. They are not just for holding or removing hot items from the oven, stovetop, and microwave but also they can be used as hot pads for hot dishes, hot pot, cooking pot, coffee pot, and cast iron. The heat-resistant rating of these oven mitts is up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It is high enough to keep you safe throughout. The oven mitts are machine washable; meaning caring for them is a breeze.
- Work well as heat-resistant oven mitts
- The price is excellent
- The set has 3 instead of the normal 2 pieces
- The inside is made of smooth and knitted material
- The size is perfect
- Durability is questionable
1. Homwe Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt – 1 Pair
We have included the Homwe Super Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt Set in these competitive reviews because it is not just heat-resistant but also it is flame-retardant. It offers protection against heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, these oven gloves have quilted cotton lining that makes them comfortable to wear and easy to use. Another reason why we like these mitts is that they are extra long. Measuring 14.5 inches long, these oven mitts protect the hands, wrists, and fingers from burns. By so doing, the mitts will give you absolute confidence to grip cookware, pans, and pots knowing even if there are hot spills, your wrists and forearms will not suffer. The mitts are also steam-resistant and waterproof. This means they do not absorb liquids. Best of all, the waterproofing function does not deprive them of the much-needed breathability. They are breathable and flexible to keep your hands comfortable all the time. Should these mitts get dirty, simply clean them with a little soap and warm water. They are durable, and, therefore, will not fray or tear.
- Great for anyone who loves baking
- The price is great
- Very lightweight yet well made
- The quilted interior feels nice to slip your hand into
- Mitts bend and flex easily
- They have a perfect length
- Not so great for holding very hot items longer
Buying Guide – Best Oven Mitts
Frequently Asked Questions
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
While you can use a towel or piece of cloth to remove an item from your oven, it is crucial to note that a towel or a piece of cloth does not provide proper protection against the heat produced by the oven. And this is where oven gloves come in handy. They protect your fingers, wrists, and forearms, thereby, making cooking easier.