Best Phone Mounts For Motorcycles In 2020: Review & Buying Guide
With so many brands and models on the market, which phone mounts for motorcycles is right for you? This guide explains everything you need to know before you go shopping.
We can all agree that phones are a distraction and should be avoided when on a motorbike, but they’re also quite helpful when navigating places we haven’t been before. When you are using your phone as the main GPS device, you want it close to you so you won’t have to divert your eyes for too long and probably cause an accident. That’s why motorbike mounts are a vital accessory when riding.
Phone mounts for motorcycles, just as with any other device, have advanced technologically. They have incorporated some interesting features that will not only ensure the safety of your mobile phone but also enable you to perform a number of activities – such as changing the music on your phone or picking up a call when it is safe to do so. To find out more, read on!
Table of Contents
- Phone Mounts For Motorcycles: Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount
- 2. RYYMX Bicycle Phone Holder
- 3. Bike Phone Mount – Sunby
- 4. Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone – By Tackform
- 5. Bike & Motorcycle Phone Mount
- 6. Homeasy Universal Bike Phone Mount
- 7. Bovon Anti-Shake Bike Phone Mount
- 8. IPOW Metal Bike & Motorcycle Cell Phone Mount
- 9. iMESTOU Motorcycle Phone Mount
- 10. Rydonair Motorcycle Phone Mount
- Phone Mounts For Motorcycles: Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Phone Mounts For Motorcycles: Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount
The Roam is a universal phone mount that will work with any phone brand or make. It is adjustable to fit handlebars measuring 7/8” to 1-1/4” in diameter and its large clamp is one of the sturdiest for the safety of your mobile device. The manufacturer is clear that this mount does not work with clip-on bars as it requires a space of between 0.8” and 1.25” in diameter to fit.
It is made of hard plastic for longevity, and the grip where you have your phone is made of silicone for various reasons. Silicone is soft as we know it, and so it provides a rubber grip to the phone to ensure it will not fall off. Since it is stretchable, it will accommodate different makes of phones and also keep them safe –it has scratch protection.
- Universal to accommodate various sizes of handlebars.
- Made of hard plastic for durability.
- Large clamp for a great grip.
- Does not fit super-bikes.
- No mention of waterproofness.
2. RYYMX Bicycle Phone Holder
The RYYMX Bicycle Phone Holder is compatible with Android and iOS phones of different models and it has a good grip that will keep the phone secure even on rough roads. It has four clamps with corners claws to secure it to the handlebar as long as the dimensions match- 5.7 x 3 x 2.6 inches. It is easy to install with a switch that allows you to lock it in place and it will work with a variety of handlebars.
For flexibility, you can adjust your phone in 360 degrees or added functionality. The ideal handlebar size for this set is between 0.86″ and 1.25″ in diameter, and that includes any moving thing such as motorbikes and wheelchairs. It is backed by an 18-month manufacturer’s warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Compatible with any device that has handlebars of 0.86″ – 1.25″ in diameter.
- Reasonably priced.
- The material it’s made of makes it long-lasting.
- 360-degree rotation.
- No mention of waterproof capabilities.
3. Bike Phone Mount – Sunby
This user-friendly phone mount from Sunby is compatible with almost every phone that fits its dimensions. With a Crow Foot handlebar clamp, you are assured of the mount fitting snugly on a motorbike’s handlebar and protecting your phone from any fall and damage. With 360°rotation, this mount will move to any direction you need, increasing its under-friendliness. It is easy to install too and comes with an instructional manual.
Its anti-shake design in the form of a bracket lock ensures that the phone stays in place, even with bumps and shakes on the road. The grip itself is 3.5” wide and can be adjusted to fit just about any phone. It is made of metal and hard plastic to withstand constant bumps along the road. Installation requires no tools.
- Durable due to the material used.
- Easy to install without tools.
- Large clamps for a good grip.
- Compatible with any mobile phone.
- Not waterproof.
- A little obstructive
4. Metal Motorcycle Mount for Phone – By Tackform
Tackform Solutions’ phone mount is simple yet effective. It is especially great for plus-size iPhone and Samsung devices with no slings needed. This mount gives you an unobstructed of the phone and as long as it fits your handlebar, you are going to have a good time.
Made of 6061 Machined Aluminum, you can count on it to last indefinitely. It requires little in terms of maintenance and is the ideal mount for a motorbike. Because of its dimensions, this phone mount is ideal for phones with 3.4 Inches width and 0.5-inch thickness. The clamp mounts to 1.25″ handlebars without bushings, but the package includes 7/8″, 1″, and 1.15″ bushings for other sizes of handles. Works with various types of bikes including Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, and Fixed Gear.
- Easy installation that requires no equipment.
- Works well with phones ranging from 2″ to 3.25″ in width.
- Simple design with no obstruction.
- Limited to plus-size phones.
- Quite expensive.
5. Bike & Motorcycle Phone Mount
As long as your phone is 3.7 inches in width, then this reasonably priced phone mount from Caw Car is going to work perfectly. Each side of this mount’s U-grip is adjustable to ensure a tight grip on your phone even during bumpy roads trips. With silicone bands to fasten each of the corners of your phone, you are assured of even more security.
The large clamp on this mount has screws at the top so that you won’t have to use any other tools when tightening it to the bar. It fits bars between 0.6 and 1.4 inches. The plastic components of this phone mount feel a little cheap, but they still take it through rough patches. It is quite cheap too, which is how it is a favorite of many.
- Reasonably priced.
- A U-grip for bumpy rides.
- Easy installation with no tools required.
- The clamp is quite large.
- Plastic components are a little flimsy.
- Clamp size may limit some bar sizes.
6. Homeasy Universal Bike Phone Mount
This Homeasy Universal phone mount has something that most lack; adhesive pads to protect your phone from bumpy roads and scratches. You can count on it to keep the phone in place even when you move at top speed. Even though it is made of lightweight Aluminum Alloy, it can handle up to 40lbs force, which is way more that you will need. It is compatible with any phone between 3.5 and 7 inches wide.
This mount has a simple design that ensures no obstruction on your phone, and so navigation is quite easy. With 360-degree rotation, you can turn your phone into any direction that suits you. The adjustable tension knob allows you to tighten the grip on your handlebar for maximum protection to your phone.
- It is cushioned to protect the phone from bumps and screen scratches.
- It comes with an Allen wrench.
- Variety – available in red or silver.
- No obstruction.
- The plastic body feels a little flimsy.
7. Bovon Anti-Shake Bike Phone Mount
If your screen’s dimensions are between 4.5 and 6 inches, then this phone mount is going to fit perfectly. It fits around handlebars the way a watch would a wrist, with a large clamp that you can count on for security. With four wear-resisting silicone claws and a PU pad, your phone will not fall or be scratched on the surface. The 360°Free Rotation also makes it possible to rotate the phone in whichever direction when riding.
This mount’s open-face design prevents any obstruction to give you access to face ID even when riding at full speed. It fits handlebars that can be adjusted from 0.8 inches to 1.6 inches. It is backed by a year’s warranty.
- It is compatible with different makes of phones and the handlebar is adjustable.
- Quite cheap.
- Anti-shake technology.
- Good grip.
- No mention of the mount being waterproof.
- Material not the sturdiest.
8. IPOW Metal Bike & Motorcycle Cell Phone Mount
This IPOW mount can be adjusted to fit phones measuring 2.3 to 3.5 inches, and so it is compatible with different phone brands and models. Its textured interior ensures a good grip on the phone so that you never have to worry about your phone falling even when riding at high speed on rough terrain. Silicone straps to secure every corner of the phone provide even more protection.
The sturdy plastic that makes this phone mount is good enough to last a long time. It comes with an instructional manual on installation and care. It fits handlebars up to 1.06 inches in diameter.
- Compatible with various makes and models of mobile phones.
- Can be rotated.
- Good grip.
- The construction could be more solid.
9. iMESTOU Motorcycle Phone Mount
If you are looking for a phone mount with a wireless charger and is waterproof, then the iMESTOU Motorcycle Phone Mount is your go-to. It is designed simply without any obstruction to the important features you want on your phone, and so you can use facial unlocking even when riding at a high speed. It rotates 360 degrees to allow your phone to be operated from any angle, and its aluminum bracket will last indefinitely if good care is taken.
The clamps on this mount are engineered to hold tightly on a handlebar and they can be adjusted to 90mm width at the maximum. It is compatible with phones measuring 4.0-6.5 inches. If the diameter of your bar is 7/8″, 1″, or 1-1/4,” then you can confidently buy this phone mount.
- Comes with a wireless charger
- 360 rotatable phone mount.
- Sturdy body made of aluminum.
- Some reviewers say the screws are flimsy.
- Some reviewers say the mount does not fit as well as advertised.
10. Rydonair Motorcycle Phone Mount
If your handlebars are 7/8″, 1″, all the way to 1-1/4,” then this Rydonair Motorcycle Phone Mount is ideal for you. It comes with a USB charger socket that allows you to connect your phone to a power bank and stay powered during long rides.
With the IP 66 waterproof capabilities on this cover, you can ride in the rain with no fear for your device. There are no obstructions, and so you can access each feature of your phone freely. Made of auto-grade ABS plastic, it lasts a long time. Installation is easy – no tools or experience needed, and it is easy to maintain.
- Comes with a USB charger socket.
- Its handlebars measuring 7/8″, 1″, 1-1/4″ – wide compatibility.
- IP 66 waterproof capabilities.
- Some reviewers say the box is too thick for some phones.
Phone Mounts For Motorcycles: Buying Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
We conclude this piece by echoing what we addressed at the beginning. There are several brands of phone mounts for motorcycles on the market, and so you want to spend a little time reading reviews – such as this one – to be certain of buying a good product. Compatibility with phone and handlebar are top on the list of factors to consider. Other include additional features such as waterproofness, battery charging, and ability to attach a dedicated GPS.
We hope this article made it easier to choose the best phone mount for your motorcycle, and that you find it worth sharing with your contacts. As always, we will keep updating these products with new features as they become available.