10 Best Portable Picnic Tables – Buying Guide and Reviews
If you love picnics but are not overly crazy about sitting on the hard ground for hours, crouched in an uncomfortable position, then you will be happy to know you have options! The best portable picnic tables not only forge togetherness, but they also make it possible to be outdoors without having to sit on blankets. It feels like a regular family dinner where everyone has to gather at the table and enjoy each other’s company. Intimate, right?
Now, not every small, foldable picnic table makes the cut. Portability, size, and sturdiness are only some of the factors to consider when shopping for one. We make that task so much easier in this article as we discuss a thorough buying guide and review 10 of the best on the market.
Table of Contents
- Portable Picnic Tables – Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. FORUP 6ft Table – Folding Picnic Table
- 2. Best Choice Products 6ft Plastic Picnic Table
- 3. Portable and Foldable Wine and Snack Table
- 4. Costway Wood Picnic Table
- 5. Bambusi Portable Round Picnic Table with Utensils
- 6. Sunkorto 2-Person Folding Picnic Table Kit – with 2 Stools
- 7. Giantex Aluminum Camping Picnic Table
- 8. Adalantic 4-person Picnic Folding Table
- 9. VINGLI 4 Foot Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table
- 10. Acelife Folding Picnic Camping Table
- Buying Guide – Portable Picnic Tables
- Frequently Asked Questions – Portable Outdoor Tables
Portable Picnic Tables – Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. FORUP 6ft Table – Folding Picnic Table
Made of high-density poly plastic and gray powder-coated steel that is rust-resistant, the FORUP table is strong and durable. This makes it an ideal choice for parties, camping, displays and even picnics. It is foldable, has a handle for easy transportation, and has a strong handle. The feet of this table are made of rubber so that the user can put it on any type of floor.
The FORUP table is kept upright by gravity locks and they slide out of the way when folding it. The safety locks at the hinges help the table to remain stable when in use. The FORUP table is quite easy to assemble and takes a small space once folded therefore easy to store. It is reinforced with a backside honeycomb design to enhance pressure.
- It is stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- The surface is smooth enough in case you want to write on it but slightly textured to avoid scratching.
- It folds in half and has a carry handle making it easy to carry around.
- Some reviewers say that it is quite heavy.
2. Best Choice Products 6ft Plastic Picnic Table
This table is made of high-quality plastic material and powder-coated steel legs for sturdy support. The tabletop is easy to clean and can hold up to a weight of 300lbs. it has an overall dimension of 72 inches length and 30 inches wide. It can be used as a dining table for outdoor cooking or even for parties and functions. This table has a scratch-resistant top making it versatile.
The rubber feet make this table anti-slip and therefore suitable for use indoors or outdoors on any type of floor surface. The manufacturer made it foldable and with a handle so that it can be easy to carry around and even easier to store or fit in car trunks while transporting.
- The surface is easy to clean and can hold food, drinks, and any other items.
- It is resistant to acids, alkalis and heats up to 212 degrees F
- This table can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Foldable and easily portable.
- Some reviewers say it is heavier than expected.
- Some reviewers say that the table sags in the middle and does not snap into place making it difficult to move once unfolded.
3. Portable and Foldable Wine and Snack Table
This natural bamboo made the 15-inch length and 11-inch wide portable wine and the snack table is made special to ensure safety for picnics. It has a natural color and carved slots for suspension of wine bottles and wine glasses. The legs, made of alloy can be folded when not in use.
This table can be used as a snack table for picnics or to serve a champagne breakfast in bed. The table is designed with four cutouts to hold wine glasses securely in place. It can, therefore, be placed on ane surface. The middle has a carved slot for suspended a wine bottle.
- The table is easy to assemble and also disassemble and store.
- The carved slots make it easy to hold drinks securely in place
- Its design makes it usable on many surfaces from outdoor picnics to even on the bed.
- The carved slots are only ideal for stemmed wine or champagne glasses. Non-stemmed glasses will not hold steadily.
- Some reviewers say it is a bit small to serve snacks enough for four people.
4. Costway Wood Picnic Table
This wooden portable camping table from Costway is made ideal for camping trips, barbecues, picnics, and buffets. The Costway Picnic Folding table is made of a wooden top and wooden legs that fully roll up saving up on space. The legs have rubber bottoms and it can be used on any surface without it slipping. The hardwood material used to make this table makes it is steady and durable.
It comes with a carrier bag that can be used to transport it and store it when not in use. A detailed instruction manual is available to help the user assemble the table. This table does not, however, need bolts or screws to secure it in place. The wood used to make this table is high-quality hardwood and is water-resistant.
- The weight of the table is light and therefore convenient to carry around.
- It saves space since it can be dissembled and carried in a bag.
- It is easy to assemble.
- You need a screwdriver to assemble this table.
- Some reviewers say the screws become loose after using this table a few times.
5. Bambusi Portable Round Picnic Table with Utensils
This is a round picnic table designed with hideaway cut out sections to keep the cutlery set which is made of stainless steel. It has six slots meant to suspend stemmed wine or champagne glasses. The table has been professionally crafted using moso bamboo and is specially made for outdoor picnics and any other outdoor gatherings.
This table is collapsible making it portable and convenient to carry around. The leg has a sharp point that holds the table down on the ground to make it stable during use. The table requires little maintenance and is easy to use. The table comes with a corkscrew wine opener and a cutlery set. The cutlery set is made of stainless steel with wooden handles for easy grip.
- The Moso bamboo used on this table contains antimicrobial and antifungal properties making this table safe for foods.
- It comes with stainless steel cutlery used to cut cheeses and other snacks to serve with your wine.
- It is easy to install and put up for use.
- Some reviewers say the stem breaks easily.
- This table can only be used outdoors.
6. Sunkorto 2-Person Folding Picnic Table Kit – with 2 Stools
This multipurpose stool set includes a picnic table and two stools all made from aluminum alloy and high-density fiberboard. The heights are adjustable to make them suit different uses. The table can be used at 15.7 inches high or adjusted to 27.5 inches high. It can be used as a picnic table, outdoor dining table or a game table. And, it is also 23.6 inches by 35.4 inches wide and the stools 11.4 inches by 12.2 inches wide each and 15 inches in height.
The Sunkorto 2-person folding Picnic table and stools are foldable and versatile. The feet are detachable for easy installation and storage. The middle has a hole that can hold an outdoor umbrella. The aluminum used to make this table is light in weight making it easy to carry and store. All the parts assemble to make a light and portable. The whole set weighs 11lbs.
- It is light in weight and easy to store and carry.
- No tools re needed to assemble the table or the stools.
- The adjustable height design makes it versatile.
- Some reviewers say the stools are not as sturdy as they expected.
7. Giantex Aluminum Camping Picnic Table
This table is 40 inches long and 28inches wide and is made of aluminum. The top is made of high-quality collapsible aluminum plates and the legs have rubber bottoms. The table folds to make it portable and easy to store. It is ideal for outdoor and indoor activities like camping, picnic, barbecues and many more. Once you are done it folds and can be stored for the next time it needs to be used.
Its lightweight design makes is easy to carry around and can be used on any surface. The table requires no tools to assemble it and takes a short time to set it up. It comes with a carry bag for easy storage and transportation. The storage bag is available to keep it inside to make carrying it around easier.
- The table is easy to assemble and fold.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is light and takes a small place while storing it.
- Some reviewers have complained that it starts to rust after a few uses.
- You need to carry chairs or stools since it does not come with any.
8. Adalantic 4-person Picnic Folding Table
This is a silver-colored four-person picnic table and it comes with four stools. They are made from aluminum and steel for lighter weight and strong construction. The foldable aluminum table’s height can be adjusted. The top has a hole in the middle that can be used to hold up an umbrella to cover the users from the sun and the rain. This multipurpose table can be used for camping, picnics, barbecues, parties, fishing trips and many more activities.
The table’s height can be adjusted to get from 20 inches to 27 inches to suit both adults and children. It folds to a compact product like a suitcase, which can be easily carried and stored. The manufacturer made it waterproof to encourage outdoor use. The reinforced aluminum alloy frame and steel hinges assure the user of its strength and durability. The maximum weight capacity for the table is 70lbs and for the chair 200lbs.
- The table comes with stools.
- The table is easy to clean and is waterproof.
- The adjustable height makes it suitable for use by adults or children.
- Some reviewers said the stools are small and are not comfortable for adults.
9. VINGLI 4 Foot Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table
This is a white heavy-duty table and four seats set ideal for party hosting and picnics. The set consists of a 15.3-inch table and four stools each 11 inches by 10.2 inches wide. They are all made from aluminum material to make them strong yet light enough to be portable. Both the table and the stools are foldable for easy storage and transportation.
The four-foot table is sturdy and can be folded like a suitcase. The height can be adjusted by pressing a button from 23.6 inches to 27.6 inches and 31.5 inches. All the stools fit inside the table. The product is 25.2lb in weight overall. The legs of the table square and the top has a security latch to lay the top completely flat while it is opened. It comes with two built-in handles to make carrying it more comfortable.
- It is easy to assemble and dissemble.
- The table is stable once opened making it easy to move while in use.
- It folds compactly making it easy to carry and store.
- The table does not have a hole to hold an umbrella.
10. Acelife Folding Picnic Camping Table
This aluminum folding camping table comes with four stools. It is made of reinforced aluminum alloy frame and stainless-steel hinges for strength and durability. The table has a hole in the middle to hold up an umbrella to help cover the sun and the rain. The table surface has a mirror finish to make it stain-resistant and easy to clean using a wet cloth.
The Acelife Folding Picnic Camping table can have its height adjusted from 26.4 inches to 21.7 inches. It supports up to 132lbs in weight capacity. The table is made of double-side waterproof MDF. The stools are aluminum and each measures 10.4inches by 10.4 inches wide and 15.2 inches high. This table and stools set are easy to fold making it portable and saves space when it is being stored.
- It is easy to clean.
- The table and stools are stable.
- It does not need any assembly; it just needs to be unfolded.
- It is a little heavier than they expected.
- It is smaller than they hoped and the stools are more suited for the kids and a bit uncomfortable for the adults.
Buying Guide – Portable Picnic Tables
Frequently Asked Questions – Portable Outdoor Tables
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
If you enjoy sitting cross-legged on a picnic blanket, then that’s alright. But if you would rather bring some modern setting at the next picnic, then portable picnic tables are your best option. They are versatile and come in different sizes to accommodate large groups of people.
As we discussed in the buying guide, portability, adjustability, material, and size of the table are vital aspects that you have to check. You also don’t want to pinch pennies that much, especially if you want a table that will endure for long. The products reviewed are from reputable brands and available online. We endeavor to only give you up-to-date information.