10 Best Travel Potties & Portable Potty Seats for Kids – Buying Guide and Review
In this article, we will share with your the best portable potty seats for kids.
Potty-training a child is already hard enough, and so you do not want them to regress at any point. Kids get overly attached to things, and so they will only recognize the potty they are used to even when they travel. Due to different circumstances, you cannot move around with your regular larger potty, and so you are only left with one choice – to resort to disposable diapers while on the road.
While there is nothing wrong with that, you would be taking a step back since they will need a reintroduction to their potty training when you settle back home. So, how do you ensure consistency? That’s easy – get the best portable potty for your little one, so they don’t have to revert to diapers even when you’re on the road.
With so many brands of portable potties, no one would blame you for not knowing which one to buy. We listed some of the vital features to look for in portable potties for babies. Also, we have this collection on the portable toiletry bags.
Table of Contents
- Best Portable Potty Seats For Kids – Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. ONEDONE Portable Travel Potty
- 2. My Carry Potty – Bee
- 3. BABYBJORN Smart Potty
- 4. Zensuno Foldable Portable Disposable Potty
- 5. PITAYA Travel Portable Folding Potty
- 6. Kalencom Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty
- 7. Potty Training Seat for Boys and Girls
- 8. Munchkin Sturdy Potty Seat
- 9. Potty Training for Toddler Toilet Seat
- 10. ONEDONE Portable Baby Child
- Buyer’s Guide for Portable Potties and Potty Seats
- FAQs on Portable Potty Seats for Kids
Best Portable Potty Seats For Kids – Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. ONEDONE Portable Travel Potty
This OneDone potty is just the right product for your baby and especially when you’re travelling. Made of eco-friendly PP material, the potty is lightweight and has a handle for carrying even when you don’t want to pack it separately. It is aesthetically pleasing too, and so no one would know what you really as carrying. Measuring 9*9.9*4.1in, this portable potty is ideal for kids three years old and below. It has a sturdy splashguard that is also removable for emptying and easy to clean.
The seat is comfortable, and even the fussiest child will not seating down for potty training. The soft plastic that makes it does not crack, and so you will not have to worry about jutting plastic harming your kid. If you hate emptying a potty, then you can use a liner that makes disposal less messy. The antiskid material on it makes this potty stable and safe for a child to use.
- The little removable bowl is easy to clean and remove.
- It fits a child’s bum just right.
- The ideal urinal for boys that are just learning.
- It is a little too low.
2. My Carry Potty – Bee
This potty is made of eco-friendly material that will not harm your baby. It measures 10.25″L x 9.25″W x 6″H and weighs 1.87lbs, which is quite small and light even for a 2-year-old. The lid seals tightly to prevent spillages and leaked odor. It has a handle for easy ferrying, and no one will even know what you are carrying, thanks to its animal-print design. You are not limited to using it while on the road. Your kid will be comfortable using it at home too.
If the idea of emptying a potty does not appeal to you, just wrap a potette bag around the rim of the potty before you child uses it. The material is easy to clean, with only soapy water and a towel. This potty does not come apart, and so you would have to lift the entire piece to empty. Good thing it is light.
- Has a handle and so it needs no bag.
- Lightweight and foldable to carry easily when travelling.
- It has a watertight lid to prevent any odors from leaking.
- A little costly.
3. BABYBJORN Smart Potty
When travelling, you want a light, practical potty. This turquoise one is not only easy to clean, but it is also made of friendly material and possible to line for easy waste disposal. The removal bowl inside the potty is easy to clean, while the antiskid material at the bottom ensures it stays in place even with the constant shifting of the child. BABYBJORN Smart Potty is so simple that because it does not have the fancy patterns of most travel potties. It is ideal for those kids who fuss when they are made to sit on a potty different from what they are used to at home.
The BPA-free and PVC-free plastic that makes it is not only good for the environment but also for the baby as it does not crack, overheat, or react with the skin. The material is also durable, and so this potty can be used by more than one kid over a long time. You will only have to change the inner splashguard to make it new-ish again.
- Compact enough to carry.
- You can line it with a bag for easy disposal.
- BPA-free and PVC-free plastic that is harmless to the skin.
- No handle and so you will need a carry bag.
4. Zensuno Foldable Portable Disposable Potty
Emergencies happen even to kids over the age of three, and the best you can do as a parent is to pack a kit that will take care of those situations. This disposable potty is ideal for kids aged 4-6 years, and it is best for road trips when you are on the road for hours with no toilet in sight. It is made of corrugated cardboard that is easy to fold and also biodegradable. It folds into a tiny piece, which then means it takes up little space in the back of the car. The seat is sturdy enough for kids in this age bracket too, but it is best when the user doesn’t make too many adjustments or movements while seated.
They come in 2 sizes to accommodate different age groups and weights, and so you want to check the label before purchase to be sure you are getting the right size. The extra thick sludge bag cannot be punctured, and so you won’t have to worry about leakages until you are ready to dispose of the waste.
- They come in different sizes to accommodate different weight classes.
- Extra think to avoid leakage.
- They can handle up to 52kgs without deformation.
- Too high up for kids below three years.
5. PITAYA Travel Portable Folding Potty
Kids are sometimes afraid of transitioning to the regular toilet because it looks too big or their bums will not fit on the toilet seat. This foldable toilet seat takes care of all that by reducing the gap and making them feel safe. It also helps that it comes in fancy designs that excite children.
This seat weighs 11.2 ounces, which is pretty light. These non-slip silicone pads keep the child safe no matter how much they wiggle on their seat. After using in a public toilet, just wipe the silicone pad with wet wipes and pack them away. They are reasonably priced and will serve you for long when you take good care of them. They have tabs that fit perfectly inside the rim of a toilet seat to stabilize the pad.
- Foldable design that makes them portable and super light.
- Fancy designs that kids will love – frog and owl.
- Easy to clean with wet wipes.
- They do not come with seat covers.
6. Kalencom Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty
For a potty training session to be successful, the child needs to feel comfortable while seated on their potty. It also becomes more manageable when they can transit with the same comfort to a regular toilet. The Kalencom Potette trainer is made of soft plastic that is gentle on the bottom. The sides are secured safely to prevent the trainer from moving even when the child wiggles excessively.
This piece comes with three absorbent disposable liners that can handle up to 5 ounces of liquid. It is light – 15oz – and quite small to carry comfortably in a bag. You only need to wipe it with a wet cloth to clean before keeping it away for next time. It is ideal for kids over 15 months and can handle up to 50lbs.
- They can handle up to 50lbs.
- The base is non-slip and safe for kids.
- You can convert it into a folding trainer seat.
- It requires set-up which can be time-consuming.
7. Potty Training Seat for Boys and Girls
This potty training seat that is colored appropriately for both boys and girls makes it easy for children to transition to regular toilets, substantially reducing the time they spend on their portable potties. It has a non-slip splashguard to assure you of your child’s safety when they use the washroom. The soft silicone padding is soft for comfort while the shape takes to any toilet bowl.
You don’t have to buy storage hooks separately as thus package comes with one adhesive hook. This seat cover is only 5 ounces for portability. The splashguard ensures that no urine splashes everywhere, and the easy-to-clean material keeps this potty trainer hygienic even when you’re traveling. It is ideal for kids over 18 months.
- Splashguard to keep the toilet clean.
- Adhesive hooks for safe storage.
- It has an anti-slip rubber guard to secure it safely to the toilet seat.
- Only available in white and aqua.
8. Munchkin Sturdy Potty Seat
Munchkin Sturdy Potty Seat is built for safety and to be used by both boys and girls until they are three. The handles on the side make it even sturdier after they have been attached to the seat through a non-skid rubber. However much a child wiggles on the seat, the rubber holder will stay intact. With this potty seat, you don’t have to worry about your kid using a public toilet.
Weighing only 12 ounces, this potty seat is light enough to carry without feeling as though you have extra weight. It is made of soft plastic that is not only easy on the skin but also easy to clean. The seat is simple enough to install that even your child can do it themselves.
- The edge is non-skid to keep a child safe on the toilet seat.
- It is ideal for boys and girls.
- It has built-in handles for security.
- It only fits oval bowls and not round ones.
9. Potty Training for Toddler Toilet Seat
Want to make potty training more enjoyable? Then this seat with a chair is the ideal motivator. It has anti-skid pads to ensure the safety of the child, and the manufacturer says it handles a maximum 75kgs. Because it is made of sturdy plastic, this seat will last a long time and endure several climbs up and down.
The toilet seat is made of non-toxic material to protect your child’s skin, and the splashguard on the cover prevents urine from messing your toilet. The seat has a small backrest fit for a child, and it is attached firmly to the toilet bowl to avoid any movements and accidents.
- Splashguard to keep your toilet bowl mess-free.
- The little ladder makes it fun and enjoyable for your child to use the toilet.
- Can hold up to 75kgs.
- Though it can hold lots of weight, the seat cover is quite small.
10. ONEDONE Portable Baby Child
Kids have small bladders, and so they will want to stop in traffic to pee. If you cannot because there is no public restroom in sight, this 500ml portable urinal will come in handy, they are available in pink and blue for boys and girls respectively, and they have reliable seals that will not leak at all. You can fit one in the glove compartment of your car, but careful not to mistake it for a water bottle! They are also easy to clean as all you have to do is remove the inserts, dispose of the urine, and rinse it off.
- They are small and light for portability.
- They are reasonably priced.
- Made of eco-friendly, durable material.
- They are better for boys who can aim inside a bottle.
FAQs on Portable Potty Seats for Kids
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
We hope the guide provided enough information for the next time you go shopping for the best portable potty for your kids. You no longer have to cringe at the thought of travel or worrying that your child will need to be trained anew when an impromptu vacation disturbs their potty training. We only bring you the best products and so these ten are some of the best you will find on the market.