10 Best Portable Record Players In 2020: Product Review & Buyer’s Guide
Portable record players can never get out of Fashion. With the mp3s in one hand, iPods in another, nothing can compare to the feel of vinyl record players. With the rich grainy and unfiltered sound, everything comes to rest, and all the problems fly away. Some audiophiles believe that nothing better has been produced since these vintage gadgets and they do their best to collect them and hear the beautiful sound once more.
So, let’s have a look at the best portable record players that can be carried anywhere, so you don’t miss out on the fantastic music. You can also enjoy your music with these floating Bluetooth speakers.
Table of Contents
- Best Portable Record Players: Product Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. 1byone Vinyl Record Player with Magnetic Cartridge
- 2. Numark PT01USB | Portable Vinyl-Archiving Turntable
- 3. Numark PT01 Touring | Portable Turntable with Speakers
- 4. Audio-Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
- 5. Pyle Upgraded Vintage Turntable
- 6. Crosley CR6020A-BL Revolution Portable USB Turntable
- 7. Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
- 8. Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad Portable USB Turntable
- 9. Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable 3-Speed Turntable
- 10. Ion Audio iPTUSB Portable USB Turntable
- How to Choose the Right Portable Record Players
Best Portable Record Players: Product Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. 1byone Vinyl Record Player with Magnetic Cartridge
If you are looking for something retro and stylish at the same time, then this stereo might be perfect for you. Styled as a briefcase and designed in classical colors, you can carry it anywhere with you and listen to music.
- Grainy unfiltered sound especially for vintage records
- Can attach it to external speakers
- The casing is well constructed and durable
- The player deck is weak and flimsy
- Glitch due to movement of tonearm lever
2. Numark PT01USB | Portable Vinyl-Archiving Turntable
If you like vintage stuff, then this portable vinyl record player will become your absolute favourite. This record player is not just sturdy and durable, but you can carry it anywhere you want.
- ±10% pitch control
- Built-in speaker
- Protective dust cover and integrated carrying handle
- Converts all 45s, 78s and 12-inch LP records into digital files
- The digitalization of the records is not so good
- No lever for moving the needle up and down
3. Numark PT01 Touring | Portable Turntable with Speakers
It is a very classical portable record player, and the design says it all. The suitcase-style turntable plays your vintage records for you and makes you feel like you have a trip into the past. It is versatile and can also convert your oldest records to wav formats to save them forever.
- Easy to use all in one turntable
- Long battery life
- The aux and vinyl allow you to play two continuous songs at once
- Belt in the turntable easily slips off
- Needle skips records
- There is no button to know the battery level
4. Audio-Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
Audio-Technicia offers you a fully automatic belt-drive turntable that is affordable as well. You can connect this turntable to your home stereo, speakers and other sound gear. It also comes with a phono cartridge with replaceable stylus.
- Perfect entry-level record player with automatic start
- Easy to Use
- The record might jump a bit if people are moving around the room
- Bluetooth may not work properly
5. Pyle Upgraded Vintage Turntable
This compact and stylish record player brings vinyl to life. The versatile function allows you to use the record player for many other things like connecting to your computer and digitizing your records. Wrapped up in an elegant and portable briefcase, this can be carried anywhere.
- Good Battery
- Easy to use
- Attractive Vintage style
- Three speeds
- The arm is light and skips a few records
- Speakers are good but require stereo for sound quality
- While spinning records hang on the side which makes some albums skip
6. Crosley CR6020A-BL Revolution Portable USB Turntable
Crosley Revolution turntable is the ideal start for beginners. The platter is smaller than the teacup saucer, which makes it small and easy to carry. This two-speed turntable can be taken to parties, picnics and whatnot. You can also hook this up with a USB to digitize records as well.
- Great design
- Skips frequently
- Poor Build
- Sound quality is not that impressive
7. Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
Jensen Speed Turntable is a retro record player with three speeds. This record player comes with an AM/FM enabled features. Along with that, it offers excellent connectivity to connect with your home speakers for the great sound. With its classic look and affordable price, it sure is a gem.
- Speaker wire terminals
- Multiple speeds
- Built-in speakers
- Poor speaker quality
- No amplifier for audio
8. Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad Portable USB Turntable
Now you can play records anywhere, anytime with the Nomad USB Turntable. This record player comes in a vintage briefcase design. This turntable features three speeds for your records, and you can play most of them here. There are a considerable number of features offered in this portable turntable that can help you take your vinyl anywhere.
- Great Sound
- Attractive Retro look
- Speakers are ok
- The fabric over the casing is unwashable if stained
9. Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable 3-Speed Turntable
Now you can have more fun with the vintage portable record players rather than hanging on to your iPod. This turntable is lightweight and portable, along with being classically stylish. Offering several features, this sure is an excellent option to consider while buying a portable turntable.
- Attractive colours
- The lid doesn’t go all the way back
- Nowhere to store the power adapter
10. Ion Audio iPTUSB Portable USB Turntable
This record player is a revolutionary battery operated portable turntable that also offers a USB cord that allows digitization of your vinyl records. You can connect this with any audio devices like Aux, Speakers, etc.
- Good connectivity.
- Three speeds
- built-in speaker
- Built is not durable
- The tonearm is very light
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
You should look for a lot of things while buying a turntable. We have listed the top 10 there are and hope you make the right choice.