10 Best Portable Seats and Stools In 2021: Buying Guide and Reviews
In this article, we will be talking about the best portable seats and stools.
Outdoor events are fun, and even more so when you are comfortable. There are lots of reasons to get together with friends and family, including barbequing when the weather allows, camping in the woods, and fishing.
One of the ways to make these moments fun and enjoyable is having seats that will handle your weight ideally. And while you cannot bring your favorite recliner on a trip with you, you can get the best portable seat or stool to your expedition.
There are lots of them on the market these days, making it hard to decide which suits you best. That’s why we made this unbiased review of the best portable seats and stools in our opinion. But first, a buying guide that explores everything you need to know before spending your money.
Table of Contents
- Portable Seats and Stools – Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. TravelChair Slacker Chair
- 2. Sitpack 2.0 – Compact Foldable Seat
- 3. Portable Hiking Camouflage Camping Stool
- 4. Portable Telescoping Stool
- 5. SitGo Portable Seat
- 6. Small Folding Camping Stool
- 7. SPOFINE Mini Camp Stool
- 8. Heartbeat Retractable Folding Stool
- 9. ALPS Mountaineering Tri-Leg Stool
- 10. STANSPORT – Deluxe 4 Leg Camping Stool
- Buying Guide – Portable Seats and Stools
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Portable Seats and Stools
Portable Seats and Stools – Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. TravelChair Slacker Chair
The Travel Slacker Chair is actually a portable quadpod stool that distributes the weight of the user evenly. Its steel frames prevent it from collapsing and folding while you are seated. Because it is made of 600D Oxford polyester reinforced with a 300D weave, this travel chair will faithfully move from place to place with you without ripping apart.
When folded, it measures 23.5” x 4” and 13.5” x 13.5” x 18” unfolded, it weighs 2.5 pounds but can handle up to 175lbs, thanks to its heavy-duty construction. The sturdy powder-coated steel frame will not succumb to rust, and so you can bring it anywhere next time you camp. It is reasonably priced considering the material it’s made of and its durability. Though the manufacturer is unclear on the warranty period, this seat remains one of the best on the market. You may have to contend with a short carrying strap, but everything else is great.
- Supports up to 175lbs.
- It is quite small, and so folds easily for transportation.
- Made with “rip-stop” polyester.
- Steel frames are not likely to rust.
- Durable yet inexpensive.
- It has a short carry strap.
- Is not height-adjustable.
2. Sitpack 2.0 – Compact Foldable Seat
The Sitpack 2.0 is considered the most foldable seat on the market because it is basically a tube that unfolds and locks to accommodate your weight at every part you lock it. It weighs 1.23 pounds and folds into a tube that you can take anywhere. Granted, you will need a carrying bag for it, but that is also part of the package.
This chair’s locking mechanism made of PERLEX R2520 makes it possible to lock it at any height that suits you. The maker is not clear on any height limit, but it does lock in four different parts to accommodate users of different heights. Since it is a tube, you set it down – the base has a rubberized grip that holds on firmly to the ground, whether concrete or grass and then unlock the tube till it reaches a height comfortable for you.
The material, polycarbonate, is sturdy and known to withstand just about anything. Though this seat is a little highly-priced than most, its technology, user-friendliness, and sturdy material make it an ideal investment.
- It can handle up to 286 lbs.
- Great for posture as it forces the user to sit upright.
- A savior for knees and the back especially when you have to be on your feet for hours.
- A little heavy but still super portable.
3. Portable Hiking Camouflage Camping Stool
The Portable Hiking Camouflage Camping Stool works as a seat, backpack, and cooler. It weighs 3.3 pounds and can be carried comfortably as a backpack, so the weight is equally distributed. As a portable seat, it measures 20.47inch*14.17inch and has a maximum load of 330 pounds. It is made from 600D PVC Oxford cloth that is both waterproof, wear-resistant, and non-slip, and the camouflage makes it even more interesting to have as a travel item. Also notable is the material’s eco-friendliness.
At the front, it has several compartments where you can place your knives and camping items, while other interior pockets will handle your phones, keys, and other documents. This pack is the ideal travel item for mountains hiking, camping, and fishing expeditions.
The Portable Hiking Camouflage Camping Stool is costlier than most, but it also has more features compared. If well taken care of, it will last long since the material is not easily ripped.
- You get three items in one pack; a foldable seat, backpack, and a cooler.
- The material is rip-resistant and eco-friendly.
- Handles lots of weight – maximum 330lbs.
- The cooler can keep drinks cool for a day.
- A little more expensive than most.
4. Portable Telescoping Stool
The Portable Telescoping Stool is a tube-like portable seat made of polyamide plastic that is known to last long. The material is not affected by weather elements, and so you can take it to any outdoor activity. It is also eco-friendly for those keen on saving Earth. When folded, it measures 10.5 x 10.3 x 2.8 inches and weighs 2.7lbs, which is quite light in the carrying case it comes with. It unfolds and locks to 12 positions, making it ideal for all heights. It also has a maximum load capacity of 130KG, though some reviewers say it can handle more.
The seating area is 10″(25cm) in diameter, while the base has anti-skid properties to keep it grounded on any surface. A strap measuring 43″(110cm) makes it easily portable and ideal for any travels anywhere. It folds into a small circular object that is super easy to transport, and you can open it easily by holding both ends and pulling apart.
- Accommodates all heights.
- Easy to open.
- Made of durable, eco-friendly material.
- Can accommodate over 200lbs.
- A little pricier than most.
5. SitGo Portable Seat
The SitGo Portable Seat is the go-to Lean-to Stool fir those who prefer comfort, convenience, and a little style. Weighing a mere 1.5lbs, this portable stool with a maximum load capacity of 300lbs can easily be folded and unfolded. It accommodates users of varying heights since it unfolds and unlocks between 25″ and 33.” It’s easy to use too as all you have to do is pull the bottom part. The same is true for folding this piece.
Since it is the size of a water bottle when folded, you can carry it in your bag without needing a separate carrier. It has a silicon non-slip sitting surface, a rubberized base that is also skid-free, but the seat us not cushioned. While it is great, it is not the ideal stool for those with balance issues.
- Easy to unfold and use.
- Foldable and portable.
- Lightweight with a load capacity of 300lbs.
- It is not the most comfortable according to some reviewers.
This small foldable seat is ideal for any outdoor activity because it is made out of 600D oxford cloth that is durable, rip-resistant, and easy to maintain. Unfolded, it measures 12.6″ Lx12.6″ W x 13.78″ H and 16.9″ H, 5.12″ diameter when folded. It only weighs 1.98lbs but can handle up to 176lbs. it is only available in two colors; Green & Grey, both ideal for outdoor adventure.
The base is reinforced with rubberized edges that keep it stationary and sturdy on any surface. It has an arc design to accommodate a user’s weigh ideally when they seat, but it lacks a back and so you cannot lean on it. Some users see this as a disadvantage, but the mesh compartment on the side that is ideal for packing things when camping makes up for this shortcoming. All fittings are made of hard plastic that is corrosion-free and durable.
- The material is eco-friendly and made to last.
- The seat is wide for equal weight distribution.
- Has a mesh pouch for your camping must-haves.
- Light and foldable.
- Not very comfortable because you cannot lean back.
- Limited weight capacity when compared to others.
7. SPOFINE Mini Camp Stool
The SPOFINE Mini Camp Stool is super light at 1.5lbs when folded. It measures 16″x14″x13″ when open and 15″x 9.5″ when folded. The seat is made of 600 D Oxford Cloth that is durable, easy to clean, and rip-free, while the frames are steel and not prone to corrosion – made of 7075 aluminum to withstand any weather. It is the ideal sit to bring to an event to give reprieve to your feet when you have been standing for long hours.
This seat, available in small, medium, and X-large is aesthetically pleasing because of the orange and black base. The smallest size has a load capacity of 120ls, while the largest can hold up to 300lbs. Each of these sets comes with a carrying bag that makes it easy to port around. It folds out and back easily.
- The seat is colorful.
- Made of durable material with a non-skid base.
- Comfortably handles a user as the base distributes weight well.
- Some reviewers say the frames are flimsy.
8. Heartbeat Retractable Folding Stool
The Heartbeat Retractable Folding Stool is made of high-strength nylon ABS and can handle a maximum 300lbs. because it unfolds to several positions, it is ideal for people of varying heights – actually, its last buckle link can be adjusted up to 18.9 inches. It folds easily into the most compatible item and you don’t have to worry about carrying it because it comes with a circular strapped carrying bag.
The maker has adopted the buckle design between each layer to make this seat east to open and to make it sturdy when it locks. Some reviewers say it locks a little too strongly, making it hard to unlock once you want to fold it back down, but it gets easier after a while. The seating area is wide and evenly distributes weight. Users of any height can use it, which is why the maker doesn’t specify height requirements.
- Can hold up to 300lbs.
- The base is wide and comfortable.
- Can be used at home, as a garden stool, outdoors in camps, and at public events.
- It is hard to open and fold when still new.
9. ALPS Mountaineering Tri-Leg Stool
The ALPS Mountaineering Tri-Leg only weighs 2lsb and measures 14″ W x 14″ L x 16″ H, but it can handle a maximum load of 250lbs. this weight is distributed equally on the seat that has a wide seating diameter. The tripod set has an anti-skid base that holds on any ground and is stable, and it will not rust since it is made of steel.
This seat comes in two colors; deep sea blue and rust. Since you can take it anywhere with you – because it is super foldable and light – this seat is ideal for any outdoor adventure. 600D Polyester fabric that makes the seating part of this stool is durable and rip-free. It will last longer and is just ideal because it doesn’t cost too much. Each purchase comes with a storage “stuff sack,” but you can also opt for the strap that makes it super portable once you fold it nicely. Since the tripod frames do not fold down, short people may be disadvantaged.
- It folds in and out quite easily.
- The material is durable, rip-stop and easy to care for.
- The built-in carry strap is a bonus.
- Stuff sack for extra storage space.
- Not comfortable for short people.
- Weight capacity is limited.
10. STANSPORT – Deluxe 4 Leg Camping Stool
This beautiful cross-woven Dacron seat is unlike most on the market. The steel frames are powder-coated steel to make them corrosion-resistant, and the sturdy construction makes this stool a good companion when camping. It is easy to fold, unfold, and it needs no extra care. When folded, the seat looks like a yoga mat, and the attached strap that is part of the ensemble makes it portable.
It has a maximum weight load of 200lbs, but can be a little uncomfortable for people over 6 feet. It only weighs 2.4 pounds when folded and put in its carrying bag, making it easy to carry anywhere.
- Comes with a handy carrying bag for easy porting.
- Made of light but durable material.
- The set-up is quite simple as is the folding process.
- Sturdy stitching on the seat for resilience.
- Only available in gray.
- The maximum weight limit is lower compared to others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Portable Seats and Stools
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
Next time you have to be at an outdoor event, don’t forget to bring your best portable stool or seat for comfort. As you have seen, they are available in different styles, sizes, and prices, and they are portable. Most of them with straps or carrying bags to make it even easier to enjoy the outdoors. Don’t forget that the items reviewed are super durable and a one-time investment will give you good value for your money.