10 Best Travel Carrier Backpacks for Cats and Dogs In 2020
If you are a parent to feline and furry babies, then you want to bring them along on trips the same way you would human babies. But what is the best way to carry them, taking into consideration their safety and comfort? First, you want to think of the mode of transport you will be using and then the amount of time you’ll be on the road before coming up with the best transportation option for them. These days, we have the best travel carrier backpacks for cats and dogs designed to cater to their comfort and safety. We have narrowed down to the best on the market. In addition to our reviews, we also take a look at the most important factors to consider before buying these backpacks in the section below.
Table of Contents
- Travel Carrier Backpacks for Cats and Dogs – Review & Buyer’s Guide
- 1. Pet Gear I-GO2 Roller Backpack
- 2. Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack
- 3. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
- 4. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack
- 5. PETRIP Dog Backpack Carrier Cat Backpack
- 6. YUDODO Pet Clear Cat Backpack Carrier
- 7. PETTOM Pet Carrier Bag Dog Backpack
- 8. CozyCabin Latest Style Comfortable Dog/Cat Carrier
- 9. Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack
- 10. Kurgo Dog Carrier Backpack
- Buyer’s Guide for Cat and Dog Carrier Bags
- FAQs on Pet Travel Carrier Bags
Travel Carrier Backpacks for Cats and Dogs – Review & Buyer’s Guide
1. Pet Gear I-GO2 Roller Backpack
This Pet Gear I-GO2 Traveler Roller Backpack is five products in one; carrier, backpack, car seat, roller bag, and tote. It ideally conceals your dog so that you can take them to a restaurant without anyone detecting because it is that nondescript. The entryway is a mesh to provide sufficient ventilation, and if your dog is used to it, you can leave it open as you walk. The leash attached to your dog’s harness keeps it safe even when you are riding a bike.
It has straps that keep it safely on the car seat when you are riding. The straps for the back are padded for extra comfort and protection of your shoulder blades, and the pad inside is equally thick. A flat rigid bottom that is lightly padded ensures that the bag does not collapse under the dog’s weight, and so your pet will be alright throughout its ride. Because the mesh window allows it to see what’s happening outside, your pet will be comforted and entertained.
- Mesh window for light, air, and views.
- A sturdy base that does not collapse under the dog’s weight.
- Available in different sizes to accommodate.
- Quite expensive.
2. Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack
This Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack is not only recommended for cats but dogs too as long as they are below 13lbs. It features a transparent plastic front that allows your pet to see what is happening outside as they travel, which also keeps them calm. The side pockets are mesh with several ventilation holes for air. One of the pockets allows you to place a hand inside to check on your pet.
The material that makes this carrier is waterproof, lightweight, and easy to wipe clean. It comes in various colors to give you as much choice as possible, and the straps are padded for your comfort. This bubble bag does not collapse, and its base is exceptionally sturdy to prevent your pet from moving sideways as you walk. It is airport approved and ideal for one pet at a time. This bag is reasonably priced and durable.
- It is airport approved for air travel.
- Has an opening on the side to reach and pet your cat when they’re afraid.
- Several ventilation holes on the side to provide sufficient air.
- The transparent part is easily scratched.
3. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
The PetAmi backpack that measures 12.5″ x 10.2″ x 16.3″ (L x W x H) comes in nine different colors. It has two side entries that provide all the light and ventilation your pet could need, as well as safety features for your travels. It is designed with sturdy material to provide safety and comfort to small pets during hikes, walks, and even air travel. Its structure prevents the pet from collapsing while onboard while the safety strap and buckle on the side keep the bag secured to your back. For ample support, the straps and back have extra padding to protect the shoulders and spine.
The 600D high-grade polyester that makes this bag is sturdy and lasting, and so you could have this pack for years if you took great care of it. It dries fast too, but you have to wash it properly in water to get rid of pet hairs. It is reasonably priced for a backpack its quality.
- Reasonably priced for a bag of its high quality.
- Plenty of holes for ventilation.
- Has think padding for comfort.
- Not the kind that you simply wipe clean with a piece of cloth.
4. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack
If you have a small dog that you feel could be more comfortable carried with her legs and tail out, then this PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack is the right product for you. It comes in various colors, including black and red, and is reasonably priced. The material that makes it is durable and easy to clean with a soft brush, but you would have to wash it in water – as opposed to wiping it with a piece of cloth – to get rid of pet hairs.
The breathable mesh and polyester fiber that makes this product ensure proper ventilation and comfort, while the two holes on the side make it possible to pet your dog during the journey. This pack is designed as a face-back carrier ideal for pets below 15lbs. The straps for your back are padded for extra comfort, and the back part is equally thick to protect your spine.
- The legs-out design is comfortable for small dogs and short trips.
- Made of breathable, durable material.
- Elastic opening to help you fit your dog in with ease.
- Only ideal for pets weighing 15lbs and below.
5. PETRIP Dog Backpack Carrier Cat Backpack
This PETRIP Dog Backpack Carrier Cat Backpack accommodates bigger cats and dogs and is designed with the right material and support for pets weighing as much as 22lbs. It has breathable material andnine ventilation holes to let in plenty of air. Measuring 13.4″L x 12″W x 16.9″H, this bag will accommodate large pets without making them feel squashed. Its bubble window allows your pet to enjoy the views as you walk to reduce anxiety. It is large enough for a cat to get its head outside, but not big enough for it to sneak out.
The material – oxford fabric and PU leather – can be wiped clean and will dry quite fast. It is also durable and not easy for your pet to chew. If taken care of, this bag will last years. The straps are padded and quite comfortable while the base is lightly padded with sturdy material to keep it stable.
- Ideal for cats and dogs weighing up to 22lbs.
- The sturdy light padded base does not collapse.
- Bubble window for light and views.
- Synthetic leather emits an odor when new.
6. YUDODO Pet Clear Cat Backpack Carrier
The YUDODO Pet Clear Cat Backpack Carrier is quite small, and so it is only ideal for pets not over 6lbs. You can carry it facing either bag or front, so your pet stares out through the large mesh window that also doubles up as the entryway.
The entire bag is clear to make your cat feel safe when traveling, and the sides have extra holes to let in air while keeping your pet warm. These bags come in five colors for variety. The back is padded for your comfort while the straps are quite thick to ease pressure on your shoulders. The overall carrier comes from nylon, but the front part is PVC plastic that is easy to clean with a wet piece of cloth. There are no openings through which your cat could escape as the mesh window is airy and large enough.
- Breathable material with a mesh opening for ventilation.
- Foldable and easy to carry or store.
- Great stitching that makes it rip-resistant.
- Only ideal for small pets weighing between 2 and 6lbs
7. PETTOM Pet Carrier Bag Dog Backpack
This pack is made from 600D Oxford fabric with PVC coating that makes it both durable and easy to clean. It also dries quite fast. It has a front and top entrance mesh to make it easy to put your pet in the bag as well as offer enough ventilation. The four mesh windows – at the front, top, and sides of the bag – allow the dog to look outside as you walk to ease anxiety, while at the same time letting in as much air as possible.
It measures 13″Lx12“W”x17″H and weighs 3.2lb, and has two side pockets to stuff treats for your dog. A removable interior floor pad is stable and won’t collapse under the dog’s weight and at the same time, easy to clean. Adjustable shoulder straps with extra padding are easy on the shoulders while the extra padding on the back eases pressure on the spine.
- Removable interior floor pad that is easy to clean.
- Durable, breathable material.
- Quite light.
- Not suitable for large pets.
8. CozyCabin Latest Style Comfortable Dog/Cat Carrier
Made of mesh and oxford fabric, this backpack is ideal for pets of various sizes because it also comes in more than one size. The material makes it durable and easy to clean, while its small peephole suits the size of your pet. This way, they can enjoy the views outside without you worrying about their safety. The back straps are well-stitched and extra padded too for protection of both you and your pet.
This bag is stitched with emphasis on parts that handle the most weight. Straps are thick and padded to protect shoulders and back while at the same time distributing weight evenly. The buckle design in the carrier connects a leash to the dog’s collar for safety. The strong canvas that makes up this bag is hard to bite into, and so it will serve you for long.
- Expendable peephole to accommodate various head sizes of pets.
- Durable material – canvas – that is also easy to clean.
- Has a compartment to store dog food and toys.
- Has a 12lb weight limit.
9. Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack
Made of non-toxic material – Cotton, Polyester, and leather – this backpack is classy yet reasonably priced. It comes in Coffee, Yellow, Pink and Blue, and has a bubble semi-sphere window to allow your pet views as you walk. The leather exterior makes it look more expensive that is actually is, and it also cleans quite easily.
The shoulder straps are easy on the body while a removable floor pad stabilizes the bag. You can remove it any time for cleaning. This bag is reasonably priced, considering the material used in its making is quite durable.
- A bubble window that keeps your dog safely in the bag while sightseeing.
- Sturdy adjustable straps that are also padded for extra care.
- An exterior that is easy to clean.
- Synthetic leather ha a slight odor.
10. Kurgo Dog Carrier Backpack
This hands-free pet carrier is ideal for pets weighing not more than 25lbs. It measures 13” W x 21” H x 10” D and is quite roomy for a medium furry friend. A removable and machine-washable interior floor pad prevents the pet from collapsing as it would in a regular backpack, while thick straps ease pressure on the shoulders. Inside the padded and ventilated bag are compartments for your and your dog’s items.
The manufacturer of this TSA airline-approved carrier gives each buyer a lifetime warranty, and so you can trust that the product is of high quality. It can be used as a backpack or laid on its side as a carrier.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Reasonable price.
- A carabineer clip for security.
- Some reviewers say the bag collapses under the dog’s weight.
FAQs on Pet Travel Carrier Bags
Do you now feel confident about choosing the best travel carrier for your cat or dog? A good pack will last a long time, and it will make both you and your pet happy to travel together. The pet travel carrier backpacks we have reviewed above are all of high quality and well regarded by travelling pet owners, and they will help you enjoy short and long trips with your feline and furry friends.